Saturday, June 27, 2009

And in June, unexpectedly . . .


the plant that renewed my euphoria was our corn. We planted this against our fence, and to be honest, I didn't expect it to produce anything. I mean, corn? I'd never considered growing corn, but S showed up with four plants, so along the fence they went.

One went bye-bye within the first week, but the other three began to grow and grow, until they were the same height as our oldest boy.


And then they were taller than our oldest boy, and taller than me, which is not saying much since I am all of 5 feet tall, but still, it was pretty exciting.

I love hearing the water hit those lustrous, luscious leaves.

Suddenly, I noticed tight little bunches beginning to form. Could sweet corn be in our dining future??

No comments:

Post a Comment