Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm on a roll here!


These delicate, tender pole beans brightened up one very dull Wednesday evening.

The boys were doing their own thing, not particularly wanting their mama around, S was hanging out with a neighbor, and I was wandering around aimlessly until I spotted these babies.

Yayness!

Out came my camera and suddenly, my evening had a purpose.


Zucchini is much beloved in our house.

Both my boys ate prodigious amounts of it as babies, since my mom made it part of her world-famous, baby-recommended Veggie Mix. Also, it's one of the friendliest vegetables to us newbie home cooks, all you need do is slice them up, spray some Pam on a baking sheet, plop down the zucchini circles, sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper, and in 15 minutes you have delicious vegetables full of flavor that complement a veritable cornucopia of main dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment