Friday, September 25, 2009

This and that . . .

Since a major renovation is not on the cards - or in the budget - we have decided to redo a few things in our house that may be small enough compared to a total overhaul, but nevertheless will impact our daily lives for the better. Or so we hope!

First, we got a divine mirror for our dining room, which is rather dark, and the difference is striking. Pictures soon, but for now I shall leave you with this rather drab photo of our house bathroom (as opposed to the master bathroom)


There you have it, a plain and ordinary bathroom. The nasty white walls are the Original Color - underneath it there is only primer. My plans include a warm and bright shade to make everyone who walks in feel cozy, not to mention a shade that's more flattering to my poor barely-awakened face than stark white. I've found it, we had it custom mixed at Home Depot and I LOVE IT!!!

After that, we're leaving the cabinets and fixtures as they are, but I think the walls will make a big difference, and I will buy some lovely new towels. We've had the same old towels for the last 8 years and it's time for a small splurge!

No comments:

Post a Comment