Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cheap decor

Once upon a time I had time to cross-stitch. Once upon a time I could cross-stitch without the fear or a sweet kitty or a beloved child impaling themselves on my needle. Once upon a time I had my finished cross-stitch framed and hung all around my house.

But now, it's time for my finished work to rest awhile and free up the pretty frames I used back then :D

Last week I went to my favorite paper goods store, Paper Source, and got a few pieces of gift wrap. Yes, gift wrap. This ain't your Hallmark store's gift wrap, that's for sure!

I love that this butterfly print is colorful, but muted. It's not loud and blaring, and hangs by my desk in the space we share with the boys and their toys.


This beauty, in its fancy gold tone frame, is now in my bathroom.


I also found this cooking utensil paper that matched my dining room/kitchen walls pretty well.


How much did I spend on these three new decorative items for my home? A grand total of $12. Of course, had I not had the frames it would have been a lot more, but I decided to reuse something I had, and for a few dollars, I was able to give a whole new look to three corners of my house. I'm very happy with the way they look!

2 comments:

  1. I have been eying up Paper Source's gift wrap for a while and wondering if something like this would work - you've just proved it can and looks great! I love the butterflies especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely does work - and they also have lots of smaller patterned papers that could work as a collage of frames. I don't have the space for it, but a bunch of frames with these textile type patterns would look great.

    ReplyDelete