Thursday, June 10, 2010

June in my garden

We have been enjoying our spring onions, which are as flavorful and fragrant as ever, and that's a good thing because due to a ladder mishap I think my spring onions' days are over.

However, our other fruits and veggies are doing great - we can't wait to start eating our sweet corn with lots of butter:


My lavender is ready to harvest and put in sachets to give away:


I'm going to make plum jam this year!


And our tomatoes are almost ready to turn red:


Aside from our spring onions, we've been eating our butter lettuce in salads and sandwiches, and using our celery in soups and chicken salad, I love the crunch it adds!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claudia,

    I love your blog about gardening in the city. It's so funny, but we did that for years. We finally moved out to the country and now we're too busy to garden. We're raising our three youngest teenagers..15-19. It's always a whirlwind of activity. :o) I love seeing your garden and what you are making. I made my first plum jam with my granny and plan to at least make some if the birds and pests don't get them . Last year the cutter ants ate all the blooms so..no plums. It was so disappointing.

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete