Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 de-stuff-ing our house has started!

With the new year there are always resolutions to honor and a clean slate to reminds us that new beginnings are there for us, if we want them.

For me, frugality is not just spending less and making my own, but I am also striving, and it goes again the very grain of our society, to Live Frugally. Meaning, I want to have what I need, and not overflow my closets and dresser drawers with the much dreaded, and hard to get rid of, STUFF.

I began yesterday, cleaning out the superficial clutter in my bedroom - including putting away my husband's soccer cleats because he hasn't played in a year, for goodness's sakes - and got quite a lot cleared out.

Then I took my lot of trash to the bins and realized my husband had filled them when he cleaned out the garage. Arg. Oh well. The rest of the trash now has to wait a few days but I am spending this morning collecting clothes to donate.

I am incredibly lucky that my children are gifted clothes by relatives on a regular basis, I think we just buy socks and jammies for them ;D, but they are also growing boys and every month (I kid you not) there is at least one grocery bag full of clothes that don't fit them anymore.

My craft stash is definitely overloaded and I know I won't use everything, so I am giving my mom my current jewelry stash. I used to make jewelry big time, but now I don't really feel the pull to create anything blingy. I made a few things earlier this year and it was, at best, a half-hearted attempt. So I have owned up to the fact that currently I am just not in the mood, and will give my stash to my mom, who is going gangbusters making jewelry.

My kitchen . . . oh jeez, do we really need to talk about my kitchen? Why don't we leave that for tomorrow ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment