Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The best part


We recently got some new plants for our garden, some spinach and chard. Both are definitely foods I want my children to try.

The boys loved the whole process. From choosing the plants at the nursery, to bringing them home - "dad, don't hit the bumps on the road!" - to finally, putting them in the ground.


They each have their own tools, smaller versions of ours, and they helped get the ground ready for their new inhabitants.

My oldest learned how to balance himself while standing on a big shovel, while my youngest happily sprinkled dirt all over himself and then looked up at us proudly.

This is truly the best part of gardening, sharing it with my kids and hopefully instilling in them a love for growing a bit of our own food.

No comments:

Post a Comment