Wednesday, February 17, 2010

omg omg omg omg omg!

I forgot to post about this last week!

While shopping for my spring plants at this new-to-me nursery, I found out that not only do they carry lovely flower pods for planting including more types of roses than I've ever seen at other local nurseries, but they also carry chocolate cosmos.



You're probably not familiar with this flower, but I have been in love with it for years, and for various reasons.

First, it's a dark, dark burgundy, which is my favorite color.
Second, it's a small, delicate round shaped flower.
Third, it smells like chocolate, hence the name.

In fact, I love it so much that I had it in my wedding bouquet, along with Black Baccara roses.


Yes, that's a crap picture because it was taken with our P&S and back then I didn't think I'd be posting about it all these years later. But anyway, it's rare to find florists that carry chocolate cosmos, let alone nurseries.

It's not yet the proper time to get these dark beauties started, but be assured that once it's warm enough, I will be getting some cosmos sets to plant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment