Thursday, August 20, 2009

Zucchini e Roma

Translated that means Zucchini and Rome, which is not actually true. I wish I were in Rome, but by Roma I meant Roma tomatoes, the first of which S picked today. And then I ate it before remembering to take a picture. It was tiny, two bites that were lively and tender. I have synesthesia and I have to tell you, it tasted as bright red as it looked.

I am desperate for fall weather. I long for cool mornings and evenings that DON'T turn into blistering hot afternoons. I want to put on jeans in the mornings and NOT have to rip them off and put on shorts because I can't stand to have my jeans on for one more second.

But as long as summer is still with us, I will do my best to cook accordingly. Light meals that don't add to the suffocating warmth that already surrounds us. Tonight, I chose a new (to me) recipe from Real Simple. I like their clean, easy recipes and tonight we had Basil Pesto Pasta with Zucchini and Mint, which was much beloved by S, A1 and me. OK, A1 said he'd eat the zucchini only if he could watch cartoons, but STILL, this is the pickiest child alive and he ate his entire portion of zucchini. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment